“Eating is a political act”. (M. Pollan)
How familiar are you with sustainable diets, alternative agricultural systems and food sovereignty?
As responsible citizens and concerned consumers, we must be informed how our food is produced, by whom, and what environmental, economical and political impact it has.
Join us for the Agroecology Nights event-series and get inspired by discussions with guest speakers active in alternative agricultural systems as farmers, consumers’ associations, researchers, academics, and civil society organizations.
Agroecology Nights are co-organised by Védegylet (Protect the Future Association) and the Dept. of Environmental Sciences and Policy at CEU and will feature 4 events from November to March:
THE NEXT EVENT will be on January 16th at 17.30 – 20.00 Nádor 11. Room 4.
Seeds are the very base of our food system, and therefore our whole culture. Those who control the seeds, control (almost) everything.
We will watch a short documentary (Seeds of Freedom – 30 mins) on seeds narrated by Jeremy Irons, and then we will have a super interesting talk with our guest speakers and public.
This time our guest speakers will be:
– Judit Fehér from Magház (http://maghaz.hu)
– Ádám Fülöp from Pipacs Pékség (https://pipacspekseg.hu)
– Raluca Dan from Ecoruralis (https://ecoruralis.ro)
– Guntra Aistara from CEU (https://people.ceu.edu/guntra_aistara)
The debate will be followed by a seed swapping, so bring some seeds!
The first event was on November 15th at 17.30 – 20.00 Nádor 13 Gellner Room.
– Dòra Dexler – ÖMKI, Hungarian Organic Agriculture Research Institute
– Róbert Szűcs-Winkler – Felelős Gasztrohős , Responsible Gastro-Heroes
– Logan Strenchock – Zsámboki Biokert, Organic Farm of Zsámbok